Saturday, November 7, 2009

Why Natural?


On November of 2006 I wanted to do something different to my hair because I had exhausted all the hair cuts and styles I could see myself pulling off, so I decided to cut my hair all off. I rocked my natural hair (mostly short) for about 2-years and during that period I was experimenting with all the hair colors they had on the shelf of Wal-Mart. I will say between November 2006-December of 2008 I had a blast with my hair but I knew I was doing more harm than good due to all the constant coloring. On December of 2008 I decided to relax my hair (the biggest mistake of my life in the most traumatic way ever) and the next couple of weeks I experienced my hair falling out in chunks and I finally went to the barber in January of 2009 and I cut it all off and that will count as my 2nd big chop.

Now I do not have any thing against anyone and whatever they choose to do with their own hair. I will however say that being natural is the way to go because your hair will be much healthier and the versatility you have with your natural hair is beyond words. I will say being natural for me is the most fulfilling, and taking this route with my hair is the best decision I have ever made. My hair is healthier, I feel as if I don't need to conform to what society thinks beautiful hair should be but rather I go by my own perception of beauty and that is what I chose by going natural. The choice is yours to go natural or not, and if you do choose to go natural it is a journey worth taking.

Going natural can be very challenging but rewarding (remember nothing good comes easy) and you will need to do your research first before committing yourself knowing that is something you want to do for you. if you are relaxed and thinking of transitioning out of your relaxed hair to natural hair, this blog will provide information, and guide you to the resources that will make you journey an easier one. In addition, this blog will share profiles and stories of beautiful natural men and women out there to inspire your journey. Remember you are welcome to ask questions and ask for help and advice from other members.

Here are some helpful links to get you started:


No comments:

Post a Comment